Monday, August 1, 2016

Sabbath Day Scrumptious

Elders cruising for investigators.

It's been a good week in Fisher’s Landing!  Tons of people came to church! The lord blessed us with some scrumptious sabbath day blessings. I'm talking literally too scrumptious as well we both had far too many meatballs last night and we are feeling the backlash of this grievous mistake. Lessons learned. Let me tell you of some cool miracles and I hope this helps someone.  At least 6 or 7 of our most promising investigators dropped us this week.  Including a family on date for baptism during August!  If someone has ever felt the feeling of their heart being ripped out from THE SOUL I'll bet it felt similar to all these investigators dropping us.   Elder Reinwand & I honestly felt quite exhausted!  No diet dew could console the wounded soul.  Only Christ could.  Never have I prayed harder.  Never have I used more mental power to figure out what needs to be done more in my life (I'm sure my parents could attest).  We worked our butts off!  No one seemed to have any interest... Until one evening at about 8:40 we found some elect.  Two ladies yelled "hey you two come over here!"  Kinda scary but exciting right?  They then exclaimed "I just wanna say I LOVE what you guys do, but I'm a part of another faith". They weren't getting off the hook that easily!  We were so happy to talk to someone we used all the time given to us to figure out one of the ladies is a inactive member of the church and the other is going through big life changes currently!  The woman that initially yelled for us explained all the anti Mormon literature her father taught her growing up and she sincerely asked us about all of it.  As we told her the truth, she seemed a little excited.  She seemed excited to hear we do NOT worship Joseph Smith and we do believe in Jesus Christ.  They both exchanged numbers with us followed by a little FIST pumping from us.  The trials come & the persecution comes & the problems come to show us something better.  He. Never. Leaves. I really learned that first hand this week.  Even if you can't see him immediately he never leaves.  Okay next miracle would be showing up at church after having the most exhausting day of all my mission.  Showing up and walking in put a smile on my heart to see a man we have been working with for a few weeks now trying to get him back at church.  We found him simply by walking around an apartment complex and forgot his address :(:(:(:( but after considerable prayer his records were randomly moved into the ward :). He SHOWED UP TO CHURCH CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!  I couldn't. Then the deacons asked us to pass the sacrament & while passing I looked back to see another family we are working with on the very back row.  I couldn't stop getting the GRINS the rest of the meeting. Ether 12:6.  Okay now I think I could share a few thoughts about one of my favorite families as well. The GLOVKA family that I love dearly was baptized a couple months ago.  We have been racking our brains to get these teenagers to read the BOM everyday.  Well, well, well, I sorta... Kinda... Promised them I would buy them pizza & M&Ms if they finished the whole BOM.  It GOT ME TO READ THE BOOK IN 9th grade.  It worked like a charm. They got really excited and said they would read a chapter every night. We have been trying for two months to get them to read but you know sometimes you just have to know your crowd :).

No comments:

Post a Comment