Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July

Best friends in Vancouver Ward.


I got an awesome 4th of July package this week. I got a Sons of Liberty shirt to wear today that is   amazing.  We had a ward breakfast with pancakes, ultimate frisbee & volleyball.  With all the great young couples in the ward it was a blast.  I still have my skills from 6th grade PE volleyball practice ;). I unfortunately cannot light any of the fireworks in my package myself, so I must have someone else light them off.  We cannot wear themed ties in our mission, but I am keeping the patriotic tie that I got close to the heart for when I come home.  Wow, what an emotional week this was. It was Brother Lambert’s viewing in Salt Lake.  I’m so glad that my parents got to meet Sister Lambert, because she surely made me feel right at home. Former mission president Taylor was there too.  I learned something that just makes me smile.   HAHAHAHA I KNEW ELDER LAMBERT & I had more of a connection than just diet Coke and American history.  THE MAN APPARENTLY WORE A MUSTACHE FOR MOST OF HIS LIFE!! Very soon when I come home I will grow that magic on my upper lip again. We shared Diet Coke love all the time at baptisms and out at dinner. Glad my family got to meet some of my favs!!  I am positive serving a mission is the best thing I have ever done.  Do you know what my patriarchal blessing says? "You were sent here for a specific purpose, to take the gospel to the world". Seems like it is my real duty to do missionary work!  I suppose when I get home it will continue. But, honestly this is the greatest experience of my life and I know it is nothing I have done.  Every time I think I'm getting good at missionary work, I get humbled and the Lord speaks to me quite frankly.   Kind of like Dad has to speak to me sometimes.  We are on our way to a BBQ right now and to watch some fireworks!  We can stay out until 11:00 p.m. tonight!  Reading the email I got from my family this week hasn't made me sad, because I know what Elder Lambert is doing in the spirit world and that makes me happy.  I guarantee he hasn't slowed down a bit.  In fact, I know he hasn't slowed down at all, he’s not that kind of man. Sorry for the lame email, but we have been busy all day with the ward and with missionaries.  We had a great week full of miracles again.  Just know we had another week just like the last!! The work is good, the church is true & I have the best legal guardians a guy could ask for.  Thank you mom and dad for going to the viewing and meeting everyone that I love from my mission.  That means more to me than I can express.  I can't express in the slightest how I really feel.  I will never in all my life become less - active in the church.  MARK MY WORDS & if I do, you all better whip me into shape.  Have a happy 4th of July celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment