Monday, May 25, 2015

Probably One of the Best Weeks of My Life!

Our 1st baptism:  May 23, 2015




Where to even begin, my FIRST BAPTISM occurred this week!  May 23, 2015 to be exact and I was rather excited about the whole ordeal.  This is the young lady, Andrea that we baptized.  I will try and start from the beginning of this week...First week in our new stomping ground and we attempted to saddle this bull right from the get go.  Because we set up another baptism for the 20th of June!  Jennifer has been dating a member named Joel.  Jennifer had many questions about the LDS faith and Joel wanted nothing more than to return to the church and meet many good fellows within the church walls.  We went to meet Jennifer and we must have had the spirit in the room because after 25 minutes of talking and me saying " I don’t know" to at least 50% of her questions, she said, "So, what do I have to do to get baptized?"  I wasn't quite sure how to even react to that one... me and E-Firk just kind of looked at each other for a second...  until we eventually told her what she needed to do... One problem we didn't address though is that she and Joel live together!!  So, the new ward I was entrusted with has the BEST BISHOP and leaders... the bishop immediately got a meeting with Joel and Jennifer the following Sunday... and guess who is having a wedding this Saturday?!  YEP YOU GUESSED IT!  JOEL AND JENNIFER!  All because Joel wants to baptize Jennifer as well.
Probably one of the best weeks of my life!  I have been reading all the conference talks I can possibly get my hands on and reading the Book of Mormon every second I get.  The Lord provides everything I could ever ask for and everything I need.  I am so thankful to have these 2 years to give back to the most perfect man that has given me the chance to fix my mistakes in life.  Every time I think I can't do it, he shows me I can.  Just the other day I was reading 1 Nephi chapter 21 and I did understand the Lord was gathering all of his children during these latter days & that he would never forget any of his children.  He knows us personally & throughout this mission and especially this week, he reminded me of that promise.  He knows a little blonde-headed rat dog in the backwoods of WA and cares for me just like he cares for you ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment