Monday, April 13, 2015

First Baptism Scheduled!

Doing service for Cyril
It has been a wonderful week indeed and some really cool things happened.  We did service for a man named Cyril Young and he is almost 100% blind (just realized he drives us around sometimes so that's a little scary) but he really needed help and apparently his wife is 100% blind actually so they can't really pick up trash and clean up very thoroughly.  He really is one of the Lord's elect and he teaches me quite a bit.  His hair also flows like the wind.  We talked with Cyril about the Walking Dead...not sure how he even watches it because he keeps telling us he is blind.  It rains about every day.  My new scriptures are exciting.  Every morning I get excited just to mark them up!  My companion and I get along perfectly.  He is a hard working kid and he doesn't know a whole lot about the deep doctrine, just like me.  We keep it real simple.  We laugh and have fun too.  We are seeing a lot of miracles because we work hard.  I can see it happening in the area.  It was a "dead" area before this:  no investigators or lessons taught in like half a year.  The biggest thing is...I got a girl to set a date to be baptized!!!  We knock all day long on doors...and then just at church, a sister in the ward comes up and says "my friend wants to be baptized and you should teach her."  And so we did.  We invited her to be baptized and she says yes!  Her name is Andrea.  It was so cool to see how the Lord prepared her.  She was so willing to accept anything to join the church.  It was a moment I will never forget!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment